Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM – International Business)
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM – Marketing)
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM – Finance)
BIIB – in midst of a diamond mine!
BIIB, an ‘A++’ Grade’ AICTE accredited Business School is located in Pune. Established in 2003, under the aegis of Sri Balaji Society, we are one of the fastest growing International Business Schools in India. We have an excellent track record of campus placement where everyone is almost placed. At the same time we never claim to be a placement agency. Yet our training and scientific grooming have resulted in rich corporate career to thousands of students who are pursuing successful corporate careers globally.
we are known for one of the most updated curriculums, consistently re-worked to suit the dynamic needs of the industry.
Our curriculum is worked to suit not just the domestic market, but the time frame, where competition is lateral and winning is no longer within bounds and challenges are moving towards infinity.
Along with the academics and a healthy set of cultural and co-curricular activities, our consistent interaction with industry experts’ viz. workshops, guest lectures, seminars, mentorship, informal interactions and so on; help us to serve not just a management course, but a wholesome meal to satiate the hunger of aspiring socially responsible leaders of tomorrow.
Uniqueness lies not only with our curriculum but also the infrastructure set up to boost a healthy growth of individuals in challenging times. With facilities and amenities second to none, being a part of BIIB is an experience in itself.
Not only our set of humble credentials but also our excellent placement records testify our endeavors.
Our Vision & Mission
To contribute to the development and wealth of the country by converting young generation graduates into value based, socially conscious, trustworthy and proactive student managers.
To provide the environment of international stature to enable the student managers develop their capabilities to face challenges in the emerging global scenario.
Awards, Ranking & Recognition
BIIB is now rated as an ‘A++’ grade B-School in India (Source: Business India, Oct, 2010)
BIIB is awarded as B-School with ‘Best Academic Input (Syllabus) in Marketing’ in 17th Business School Affair & Dewang Mehta – Business School Award for Business School at World Brand Summit Held at Mumbai on (4th & 5th Nov, 2009)
BIIB is now rated as an ‘A++’ grade B-School in India (Source: Business India, Nov 1, 2009)
Ranked as 18th Most Promising B-Schools of Excellence in India (Source: CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2008)
1. Ranked as ‘A++’ grade B-School in India (Source: Business India, Oct, 2010).
2. Finds its name in the list of ‘Best B-schools’ and is ranked 9th in Maharashtra (Source: Competition Success Review, November 2007).
3. Awarded as B-School with ‘Best Academic Input(Syllabus) in Marketing’ in 17th Business School Affair Dewing Mehta – Business School Award for Business School at World Brand Summit Held at Mumbai on (4th &
5th November 2009).
4. Ranked as 18th Most Promising B-Schools of Excellence in India (Source: CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2008)
Since Sri Balaji Society is one family, we have decided that we shall go for one prospectus(Handbook) and one application form where, all the courses of all the Institutes of Sri Balaji Society are listed so that each student can apply to any one or all the courses of any one institute or all the courses of all the four Institutes of Sri Balaji Society according to his/her order of preference of the course(s). The application form has appropriate columns and the students should carefully fill up the same, so that, a student can get maximum opportunity to get admitted to any of the courses of Sri Balaji Society. Please note that, all the courses of Sri Balaji Society are approved by AICTE and all the vacancies put together in all the four management institutes we have 1020 vacancies. In case the candidate is not opted for an institute / course he/she will not be considered for the same while preparing the Merit List. However students without five years of work experience cannot apply for the Executive PGDM course. Available intake in BIMM are: PGDM-120, PGDM (IT & Marketing)-120, PGDM (PM & HRD) – 60 and PGDM (Executive) – 60. Available intake in BITM are: PGDM (Telecom)-120, PGDM (Telecom & Marketing)- 60, PGDM (Marketing & Finance) – 60. Available intake in BIIB are: PGDM (International Business) – 60, PGDM (Marketing) – 60 and PGDM (Finance) – 60. Available intake in BIMHRD are : PGDM – 120, PGDM (Marketing & Finance) – 60 and PGDM (PM and HRD) – 60.
Status of Each B School of Sri Balaji Society: BIMM, BITM, BIIB and BIMHRD
As mentioned above, all the courses offered by all the B-Schools of Sri Balaji Society are approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India. Most of the companies visiting us for Campus Placements are seeing all the qualified students of all the four Management Institutes during Common Campus Placements. While the President, Sri Balaji Society is the Executive Director of BIMM, the first B-School of Sri Balaji Society, he is the Dean of all the remaining three B-Schools. The Directors of the Society are devoted to and are integral part of all the Management Institutes of Sri Balaji Society. Besides this, each Institute is having full compliment of Director, Full Time and Visiting Faculties, Infrastructure, Library and everything required for a growth oriented B-School as per AICTE norms. All the Institutes are located in one beautiful campus. The hostel is also common to all. The courses offered by each of these institutes are listed in this Handbook. Thus each institution is important and enjoys equal status and attention from the Top Management.
13. Candidates should have a minimum of 50% marks in graduation from any statutory University (45% for reserved category).
14. In case of PGDM (Executive Batch), candidate should have 3-5 years of industrial work experience as a full time employee in the field of Sales, Marketing, Human Resource, Finance, Operations, Systems and related areas of management in the industry is eligible. These applicants should submit the industry experience certificate signed by the Director(HR) or any other authorised signatory of the Company / Companies and copies of their Appointment Letters along with the application form. There will be no difference in the course curriculum for this batch and they will receive the same inputs as applicable to the PGDM Programs except for the fact that they can expect lateral placements with higher compensation packages. Those having lesser number of industrial experiences also get different and upgraded placements depending upon their corporate experience though they may not be admitted to the Executive Batch, but to the other courses.
15. Relevant work experience means full time employment in any company and not in the family business. It also means working on full-time basis on the specialization departments in the company such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, IT, Operations and so on. Only such candidates can expect differential compensations based on work experience. However the selection committee can look into all the other type of work experiences and consider award of marks.
16. Candidates appearing for any final year Degree examination up to June 2014 can also apply. However, if they fail to match the above qualitative requirement when the result is declared for the graduation examination, they will be relieved from the course compulsorily. Same will be the case with respect to those who fail in their degree examination, which means a candidate should qualify his/her graduation examination with a minimum of 50% marks latest by the academic year 2013-14. The mark sheets should be submitted to the Institute latest by 01 November 2014.
17. Medical Fitness should be as explained in this Handbook.
18. Should be willing to comply with the Rules and Regulations of the Sri Balaji Society as explained in this Handbook.
We accept CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT scores. However, as CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT scores are issued to the students, any student who has appeared for the CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT examinations can apply for our courses with the CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT scores. Thus, all the four Management institutes will accept CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT scores. However, the MAT and CMAT scores will be equalized and validated to the CAT score value and that will only be counted for the purpose of merit list. Anyone having any objection to the same, need not to apply. We do not believe in any cut-off points as we give only 30% of the weightage for the entrance examination, while making the merit list.
Candidates who fulfill the qualitative requirements will be called for the Group Discussions by experts . This will be for a duration of 30-45 minutes per group. This may include role play, case studies and extempore speech and GD. 40% of the weightage in the merit list will be given to the GD process. Therefore the GD process may extend to the second day although all efforts will be made to complete the process in one day. This is an elimination round.
Essay Writing as Integral part of Interview Process. Written Communication Skill is very important for any one to succeed in the industry. Therefore, the applicants will be required to appear for an essay writing exercise on a subject, which will be given on the spot in the selection centres. This will be for 30 marks and fifty percent of the marks will be counted . This essay writing will be for half an hour. The topics will be general in nature and any one who follows the National Newspapers can easily appear for the same and score good marks.
This expert panel interview and the essay marks will carry 30% of the weightage . This panel will assess the candidates on various parameters including the suitability of the candidate for a particular specialisation. The panel will also give opportunity to the applicants to add or delete course options.
While we are keen to have the admission process in all the centres mentioned below and have been having many of the centres for many years in the past, we reserve the right to cancel any of the centres depending upon the contingencies. However, it may be noted that, the hall ticket issued by us to any centre is valid to all the centres and the students who may need a change of centre due to any reason can automatically go to any other centre by just informing us through an e-mail/fax and without expecting any response to the same. Changes in dates, if any, for the Group Discussion, Essay writing and Interviews will be available on our website on as required basis. Students are therefore advised to see the website regularly.
Submission of CAT/ MAT /XAT /C-MAT Result/ Score
Candidates should submit the application form with the photostat copy of CAT/MAT/XAT/C-MAT scores which will be verified during Personal Interview. The latest MAT score which is available with the candidates can be submitted. It may be noted that we are not going to do our short listing based on the CAT/ MAT /XAT /C-MAT score alone, although weightage is allotted for the same.
On completion of interviews, we compare the performance of all candidates appearing for the interview and generate a final merit list based on their overall performance. The candidate is considered for the course which he has preferred according to the priority mentioned by him / her in the application form. Incase, he / she is not selected to the course applied by him / her, then he / she will be considered for other courses and selected on merit. It may be noted that, all the Management courses are of the same status and the inputs are also similar according to specilisation. As we have already mentioned the placement opportunities for all the courses are very good as has been proved by the track record of Sri Balaji Society.
It means that each institution is important and enjoys equal status and attention from the top management. We select the best possible candidates for all the Institutes from amongst the common pool of all the candidates applied for admission to any or all the institutes of Sri Balaji Society; although such a consideration arises only when a candidate is not selected for admission to the particular institute to which he or she may have applied originally. By doing so, we are in no way taking away any opportunity from anyone but are providing an additional opportunity to get selected in any of the prestigious institutes of Sri Balaji Society.
This is done subject to the following conditions: –
9. That they are eligible for the same. To become eligible, they should have opted for the institute(s)/ course(s) (one can opt for either one institute/ course(s) or for all the institutes/ all the courses as per his/ her order of preference as marked in the application form) for us to consider them.
10. That vacancy exists in those Institute(s) for such a consideration.
11. That they come up in the merit of scope of those institutes / courses.
12. Changes in Government policies where applicable
As a socially conscious trust we believe in the upliftment of women. Hence we ensure 50% of the intake of the students go to female candidates and remaining 50% goes to male candidates. In order to cater for the same, merit will be drawn separately for female & male candidates.
Declaration of Result and Confirmation of admission
The admission list will be declared in the web site and also communicated through E Mail. Selected students will be required to remit the first installment of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only) within 10 days from the date of declaration of the admission list as above to confirm their admission. In case the selected candidate fail to remit the fee in time it will be assumed that the candidate is not interested in the admission and the vacancy will be released to the candidate in the waiting list.
Last date of submission of application form 08th February, 2014
GD & PI at various centers February & March 2014
Final Merit list 03rd April 2014
Course Commencement 08th June, 2014
Note: Dates mentioned above are tentative.
BIMM, BITM, BIIB & BIMHRD have been specially approved for educational loan schemes for the students who gets admission to any of these institutions from CREDILA (An HDFC Ltd. Co.), Central Bank of India & Andhra Bank as Sri Balaji Society has signed MOUs with these banks. All those students who get admitted in any of these institutes can approach these banks for availing educational loan. However students have the liberty to approach any other bank as per their convenience.
How to Apply
Application Form for Full Time programs is a part of this prospectus. Prospectus includes :
(a) Application Form, (b) Admit Card. All these documents, mentioned above bear the same prospectus number, need to be duly filled and submitted to the address mentioned below.
Application form & Prospectus for the programme of choice can be obtained in the below-mentioned ways.
9. Prospectus can be obtained from selected Axis Bank (Click Here for branch list)/IMS Learning Centres (Click Here for branch list) from 1st January and at our office for Rs.1250/-
10. Students can also obtain the prospectus from our office by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.1350/- payable at Pune in favour of ‘President, Sri Balaji Society’ with full name & postal address on the reverse side of the DD.
11. Downloadable: You can download the application form and submit the same with a Demand Draft of Rs.1350/- (Rupees One thousand three hundred & fifty only) in favour of ‘President, Sri Balaji Society, Pune’ payable at Pune. Write the name & address of the applicant on the reverse side of Demand Draft.- Download Now.
12. Apply Online: Click here
All the requests for prospectus and all the inquiries related to admission should be directed to the under mentioned address:-
Sri Balaji Society
Opp. Wakad Police Station
Off Mumbai-Bangalore bypass, Pune – 411033
Tel : +91-20-6674 1235/ 3063 1236
Fax : +91-20-6674 1234
For More information vision on: www.biibpune.com
Or call on: +91 9090430147