To be among the best in International Business Education, Research, Training and Consultancy.
• To continually improve the Programmes in international business keeping in view the three important aspects: relevancy, demand, and best of scholarship;
• To design and execute management development programs for the service of industry;
• To undertake consultancy for organizations to help them achieve “excellence” in their performance and contribute to global economy and society;
• To pursue research to add value to scholarship, and improve practice;
GSIB will strive to achieve the above mission with the following values:
• Academic Freedom: GSIB will promote academic freedom to express a diverse range of views in the pursuit of understanding and knowledge;
• Working: GSIB will work with educational institutions, industry and society to promote managerial insights and disseminate as widely as possible for the improvement of practice and society.
• Diversity and Participation: GSIB will promote the involvement of faculty, staff, students, men and women from all social, economic, ethnic, cultural and religious backgrounds. GSIB will involve faculty and students in the decision-making processes;
• Integrity: GSIB will uphold the highest standards of ethics and conduct in all activities;
• Sustainability: GSIB will manage the resources of the School in such a way that will meet the needs of the present without compromising the options of future generations.
• Environment and Society: GSIB will also manage the resources of the School in such a way that its responsibility towards environment and society is at the centre of its decision making.
• Admission Process
• The school follows a preset and well structured process for admissions into all the three MBA programs. The process guides the applicants to their successful entry into the school. The process includes information about (i) Eligibility Criteria (ii) Obtaining Application and submission (iii) Written test followed by IB-IQ test, GD & PI procedures.
• A detailed description is as follows:
Eligibility Criteria for the three MBA Programs
50% aggregate marks in any Bachelor’s Degree (after 10+2) from a recognized university. Those awaiting results of Final Year Degree examinations may also apply. However, if proof of successful completion of graduation (Marks sheets) is not submitted by 30th, September 2014, their admission will be automatically cancelled without refund of fee.
Valid test scores of CAT-13, IIFT-13, XAT-14, MAT (Sep’13, Dec’13, Feb’14and May’14), GMAT and GET’14.
• The school conducts a national level entrance test viz., ‘GSIB Entrance Test (GET’14). This is an entrance examination conducted by GSIB exclusively for those who do not possess any of the above mentioned scores. The test is for 120 marks with 120 questions to be answered in 120 minutes. Three sections conclude the question paper with Section: I–Verbal Ability (40 questions); Section: II–Logic & Data Interpretation (40 questions); Section: III – Quantitative Aptitude (40 questions), with each question carrying 1 mark
• GET’14 is compulsory for those applicants who have not taken any of the other valid tests, and is optional for those who already possess any of the above scores. Qualification in GET’14 does not reserve any right to the applicant for admission into any of the three programmes offered by GSIB.
• Application Procedure
Applicants with valid test scores of CAT-13, IIFT-13, XAT-14, MAT (Sep’13, Dec’13, Feb’14and May’14), GMAT and GET’14 can apply through GSIB’s application form and only the short listed candidates complying with above pre-qualification criteria shall be called for IB-IQ test, GD & PI.
Application along with brochure shall be made available at designated centres of the School, on payment of Rs. 1000/- by cash. The same can also be obtained by post from the School by sending a DD of Rs. 1100/-. The application can also be downloaded from the school’s website (www.gsib.org) and submitted duly filled-in, enclosing a DD for Rs. 1000/- in favour of “GITAM school of International Business”, payable at Visakhapatnam.
Candidates can register for GET in the same application, by paying an additional fee of Rs. 500/- by DD and send it along with the application. The test will be held on a pre-decided date.
• Selection Process
The applicants who secure a qualifying mark in the written tests will be invited for (i) IB-IQ Test, (ii) Group discussion and (iii) Personal Interview. GET’14 and IB-IQ Test, GD and PI shall be held at Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Ranchi & Visakhapatnam. The School reserves the right to add or delete any centre. The final selection of the candidates shall be on the basis of total marks obtained in the written tests (scores normalized to marks), IB-IQ Test, GD and PI. The list of selected candidates shall be displayed in the designated website of the school and also reach to individual student through the ICT means.
• For enquiries please write to: Prof. M. Subramanyam,
Chairperson-Admissions, GITAM School of International Business (GSIB)
GITAM University, Gandhinagar Campus, Rushikonda,Visakhapatnam -530045, Andhra Pradesh, India
Phone: (0891) 2840400 /413 Fax: (0891)2790036; Mail: email@example.com
More counseling call @: 09090430147